This isn't a "top ten" list, it's just a ten list. At one point I wanted to have EVERYTHING in black. I didn't realize how far it could go. It is my favorite color even though it's not always the best color for EVERYTHING.
10. The black swan was actually thought to be a mythological animal for a long time. The Black Swan Theory takes it's name from the modern phrase which evolved to mean something that is unlikely to happen, not impossible.
9. Black Gumballs, they look like caviar in the picture. In real life they don't look like something you should be putting in your mouth but the odd part is that they still have the classic bubblegum flavor...but black.
8. The Black Lion in this picture is not real, but it's not impossible for there to be a black lion, so I'm adding it to the list.
6. I wish I could be "in charachter" while sick but doing so much as getting dressed is pointless. All one can do is blow one's nose with Black Tissues (these are quite expensive unfortunately).
5. There is nothing better to subvert the innocence of summer like black ice cream (I don't eat dairy stuff but I am curious about the flavor).
4. I used to think that taking any random thing and making it black just makes it better. In the case of Black condoms, I do think they look more discreet.
3. Dying teeth black or Ohaguro is an fascinating tradition. It looks shocking at first but as I look more and more at the picture I see the beauty of it.
2. Black Salt, I know that this isn't new to any gourmands who might be reading but for everyone else, salt comes (naturally) in many colors with slightly different properties. Black salt is actually sea salt with activated charcoal added. It tastes only slightly different, a little bit smokey (you can taste the charcoal).
1. Black Toothpaste is not totally insane. I watched a documentary once about Indian shanty towns and some of the people there used charcoal from last night's fire to clean their teeth. Apparently it worked (probably better than nothing). I would really like to try this but I would have to have a black toothbrush too.